Sunday, January 3, 2010

Why I love blogging

The comments on this post (and others) are a perfect example of why blogging rocks. Some might view blogging as an egotistical thing, and perhaps to an extent, it is. Some might even view my opinions as ungrateful bitchfests. But spouting off into a vacuum wouldn't provide the many perspectives that blogging does. Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are who you say you are (and given the 'insider' knowledge you express, I think that's fair), I would say argue that I could never, in a face-to-face conversation, discuss the topics and get honest commentary from the range of people and positions represented here. We may not see eye-to-eye all, or even most, of the time, but frankly I'd be disappointed if we did.

In short, you guys rock. Keep on bringing it!



As an aside, you may have noticed that I changed over from the standard Blogger commenting to a new plug-in. It adds a small extra step for those with Blogger profiles than you had previously. But between some of the glitches with Blogger commenting and its lack of comment threading, I decided it was time to try something else. It may take a wee bit longer to load comments. Otherwise it seems to be working reasonably well so far, but please let me know (via comment here or contact above) if you run into any issues.